Skip to main content
- We believe the Bible is the whole, verbally-inspired, infallible, and authoritative Word of God (II Timothy 3:16).
- We believe in the Deity of our Lord Jesus Christ (John 10:33); in His virgin Birth (Isa.7:14); (Matt. 1:23; Luke 1:35); in His sinless life (Heb.4:15; 7:25); in His bodily resurrection (John 11:25); in His ascension to the right hand of the Father (Acts 1: 9-11); and in His personal, imminent, premillennial return in power and glory (Rev. 19:11-16).
- We believe there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit (Gen. 1:1; John 10:30; John 4:24).
- We believe that all men are sinful by nature and, as such, at enmity with God; therefore, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential for their salvation (Rom. 3:19).
- We believe that men are justified on the single ground of faith in the (death) shed blood (and resurrection) of Jesus Christ and that only by God’s grace and through faith alone are we saved (Acts 13:33-39).
- We believe that Satan is a person and that hell is a place of eternal conscious punishment of all unsaved (Job. 1:6-7; Matt. 24:46; Rev. 20:14-15).
- We believe that the Holy Spirit convicts of sin, makes believers children of God through the new birth, assuring them of heaven (John 16:8; I Cor.3:16; I Cor. 12:13).
- We believe in the eternal security of the believer (John 10:28-29).
- We believe that the local church is composed of regenerated, immersed believers, voluntarily united together for the purpose of worship of God, the fellowship of believers and the proclamation of the Gospel of Christ throughout the world (Acts 2:41-42; Matt. 28:19-20).
- We believe that our Baptist distinctives are scripturally sound. They include: the Bible as the supreme authority in all matters of faith and practice (II Tim. 3:16); the Lordship of Jesus Christ (Acts 2:36; I Cor. 12:3; Col. 1:17-18); the competency of the individual soul in direct approach to God (I Tim. 2:1-2); the priesthood of all believers (I Pet. 2:5); a regenerate church membership (Acts 2:41-42); the symbolic ordinances of Believer's Baptism (Immersion) and the Lord's Supper (Acts 8:36-39; Rom. 6:3-5; I Cor. 11:23-32); the autonomy of the local church (congregational government) and its fellowship with the other churches of like faith and practice (Eph. 1:22-23; I Tim. 3:1-15); the solemn obligation to majority rule within the church; the absolute separation of church and state (II Cor. 1:24; Matt. 23:10); and a world-wide program of missionary endeavor in obedience to the final command of our Lord (Acts 1:8; Matt. 28:19-20).
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of life and they who are lost unto the resurrection of damnation (John 5:28-29).
If you would like to learn more about our church's beliefs and doctrinal positions please see our church constitution.